IL MERCATO AL CENTRO
University of Arkansas | Auburn University | Philadelphia University | University of Tennessee | University of Arkansas Rome Center | III Municipio Comune di Roma
50 American Architecture Students 5 Faculty + Local Professionals The local community 1 week of work.
A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR ALL!
CHECK PROGRAM AND WORKS HERE
1) internal reorganization of the market: the space is very narrow for passage of people, have the stools are abandoned and there isn’t much light.
2) refurbishment of the public space surrounding the market: the space is very fragmented and in precarious condition.
1) identification of uses useful to the neighbourhood (artisans, services…): the market is heavily underused but could offer additional services.
2) functioning of short chain distribution: there is much agricultural production in the district and Rome in general
1) facade of the building expressing what is offered inside: the walls of the market are not very welcoming to potential clients.
2) tags for products of markets explaining origins and history: it could be interesting to create a narrative around the local products sold in the market.
NEWS & EVENTS
Rome Campus Faculty Guidelines
Main HALL Schedules